You are hereHome › Meeting Space
Reserving Meeting Space in Housing
Housing and Residence Life staff and the Resident Housing Association (RHA) have priority to reserve spaces.
UC Merced recognized student groups and campus affiliates (departments, schools and offices) are offered space to use within Housing to host programs and events that are designed to be open to all residents. A usage fee is associated with restricted and closed events. The staff approving requests will determine which events will be assessed a usage fee. Spaces within Housing are NOT State funded.
Spaces are not intended for ongoing meetings or rehearsals. Individual requests are required for each program/event.
How To Request Space
1. Log on to the online Housing Reservation calendar rs.ucmerced.edu/housing
For internal UC Merced departments with questions in relation to room bookings, email Debbie Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are sponsoring an outside organization utilizing UC Merced facilities or any outside organizations not affiliated with UC Merced please make sure to indicate as such in your request as there may be different processes to reserve the space.
2. Select the Schedule tab and create a Booking.
3. Choose your desired date and time of event and complete your request by filling out all appropriate fields. All requests must be approved by the administrator.
Note: Please check in at the respective housing office (Terrace Center or The Summits Office) prior to your event starting.
Questions should be directed to Debbie Henderson at email@example.com.
As a norm, space is available three (3) months in advance for use during regular office hours:
Academic-year: M-F, 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and weekends and holidays, 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (extended hours during the 8 week session)
A fee is associated with us needing to hire staff to open and close facilities outside of regular office hours (if staff is available).
- 1. California Room and Kitchen –largest open meeting space. Capacity of 347 without a seating set up and 162 with a seating set up.
- 2. *Blue and Gold Room – 16-person conference-style meeting room.
- 3. *Mariposa and Tuolumne Kitchens.
- 4. The Cat Quad – located between the Terrace Center and Yablokoff-Wallace Dining Center.
- 5. Mariposa Lawn – open lawn area located in front of Mariposa Hall.
- 1. Alpine Room and Kitchen (Tenaya 170 & 175) – capacity of 243 people without a seating set up and 88 people with a seating set up.
- 2. * The Summits Courtyard – located behind Cathedral and Tenaya Halls.
- 3.Crescent Arch/Half Dome - capacity of 252 people without a seating set up and 90 people with a seating set up.
- 4. Music Practice Room with piano.
- 1. Blue and Gold Room – available to Housing and Residence Life staff and the RHA only.
- 2. Kitchens in Mariposa and Tuolumne-available to residents of those buildings only.
- 3. The Summits Courtyard – available to Housing and Residence Life staff and RHA only.
- 4. Dance room - available to residents only.
All Housing Meeting Space reservation requests that are not open to all students on campus, will be subject to fees which can be found here.
1. Spaces are intended for programs and events and not to be used as regular meeting or rehearsal space.
2. As a norm, space is available three (3) months in advance for use during regular office hours:
a. Academic-year: M-F, 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and weekends and holidays, 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
b. Summer Hours: M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (extended hours during the 8-week session).
A fee is associated with us needing to hire staff to open and close facilities outside of regular office hours (4 hour minimum if staff is available).
3. We reserve the right to cancel a room request as long as you are given 24-48 hours notice of the change.
4. Approvals for each semester (term) will begin on the first day of classes. You may begin submitting requests for that term on the first day of classes. You can reserve space up to 3 months in advance.
5. If Catering or Facilities Management is doing your set-up, your reservation request must include their set-up and breakdown times.
5. Non-paying events are required to clean up and return the space to its original set-up after using the space. This includes removing all trash to the dumpsters and vacuuming the carpet if appropriate.
6. Damages will be billed to the individual or group using the space. Future reservation privileges may be revoked due to failure to pay or in cases of significant negligence resulting in damages.
7. You MUST check in prior to and after your event with the respective office (Terrace Center or The Summits Offices). The staff will do a pre and post walk through with you to avoid unexpected damages, sign out any approved equipment, and provide you access to the space.
8. Usage fees will be communicated prior to your event being approved. You have the option to accept or decline.
a. Accept: Once a method of payment is secured (FAU or Check written to UC Regents) your event will be approved.
b. Decline: If you decline, your request will be deleted.
9. Cancelling Your Events: If after being approved your event needs to be cancelled, please return to the on-line calendar and delete your request. Failure to do so may jeopardize your ability to use these spaces in the future.
10. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24-hours in advance to cancel you room reservation. Please be advised, departments and organizations who fail to cancel in advance on multiple occasions, may lose the privilege to reserve Housing meeting spaces.
The Approval Process
After calendaring your request, and filling out all necessary fields, allow 3 business days for a response.
Approvals for each semester (term) will begin on the first day of classes. You may begin submitting requests for that term on the first day of classes.
Usage fees will be communicated prior to your event being approved if applicable. Once a method of payment is secured (FAU or Check written to UC Regents) your event will be approved.
- Current Residents
- Submit Work Order
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Room Change Process
- Contracts & Policies
- Dining Meal Services
- Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Cleaning Tips
- Parking Permits
- Technology Services
- Change your Meal Plan
- Meeting Space