- Important Dates
- Housing Options
- Housing Resources
- Housing Selection Process
- Housing Cancellation
UC Merced has updated its plans for the Fall 2020 semester in an effort to protect our community amidst the rapidly changing conditions related to COVID-19. To minimize in-person contact, we will offer campus residency only to students for whom UC Merced is the best or only place to live while pursuing their education. Because of this update, we have cleared waitlist rosters, cleared housing application requests and canceled signed housing contracts as of July 12, 2020 given the lack of available space.
All students who have a need to live on-campus during the Fall 2020 semester will need to reapply for housing. We will only provide on-campus housing to students who demonstrate a high need for on-campus accommodation. These students fall into one or more of the following groups:
- Safe & Secure Housing: Scholars who identify that on-campus housing is the safest environment or provides the most secure ADA accommodation requests
- Guaranteed Housing: Scholars who identify as Foster/Former Foster Youth, Homeless, and Regents Scholars
- Student Success Housing: Scholars who identify on-campus housing as best environment to serve their success
- Financially Secure Housing: Scholars who identify the need for on-campus housing as a needed resource given their financial situation
For fall 2020, all students will reside in single rooms. There will be no roommate assignments. Building assignments will be made with the goal of ensuring residents' health, safety and security. Which buildings will be used for on-campus housing for fall 2020 are still being determined.
Residential Meal Plans
You can view complete details about the required residential meal plan on the Dining Services website.
Please take a moment to review the Housing & Residence Life Contract. If offered a housing assignment for fall 2020 you will be required to sign this contract to receive your housing assignment.
- Room and Board Rates
- Housing Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing and Disability Accomodations
- Renter's Insurance
- Off-Campus Housing
For Fall 2020, no housing cancellation fees will be assessed.
If you have signed your contract, a housing cancellation fee will apply as follows:
|Before June 2nd||No Fee|
|June 2nd - August 1st||$200|
|August 2nd forward or failure to move in||$300|
If housing and meal charges were added to your account, they will be removed in 5-7 business days.