Skip to content Skip to navigation

Request for Contract Cancellation

Whether you decide to live off campus or will no longer be attending UC Merced, once you have submitted an on-line application, you will need to submit a written request to officially cancel your contract.

Please consult the housing contract section 13 to thoroughly understand your contractual responsibilities. In most cases, a liquidated damages/contract cancellation fee applies. This fee is date driven and increases the closer we get to move in.

BEFORE MOVE-In Day requests

Written requests for housing contract cancellation received before move in is guaranteed approval. Complete the Housing Cancellation form on the Housing Portal. Requests are processed based on the date it is received by the Housing and Residence Life Office. Alternative PDF version available

AFTER MOVE-IN Day requests

Written requests for housing contract cancellation received after move-in day must meet a specific criteria and are rarely approved. A resident must have a compelling and unanticipated medical or financial problem that arises after the contract and reservation fee is submitted. Documentation to support such claim is required. Alternative PDF version available.

Complete the Housing Cancellation form on your housing portal. 

Submitting a Request for Cancellation

You are welcome to either hand deliver or mail a signed copy of the Request for Contract Cancellation form to:

Terrace Center Housing Office (Cancel Request)
5200 N. Lake Road
Merced, CA 95340

Dismissal after Fall Semester: If you are dismissed following the fall semester, you housing contract will automatically be cancelled. You will be contact to schedule a move-out appointment.