Navigate to Section
- Important Dates
- Housing Options
- Housing Contract, Rates & Other Resources
- Housing Application Process
- Housing Cancellation
|March 1st at 9 am||Application Opens|
|May 7th at 11:59 pm||Priority Deadline|
|May 21st||Begin forming roommate groups|
|July 1st||Online Check-In available - complete move-in forms online and change move-in times|
|July 15th||Preliminary assignments sent; first bills available|
|August 10th||Official assignments and move-in details available|
|August 18th and 19th||Move-in days for Academic Year - times to be assigned|
Academic Year - The academic year contract provides housing August 2018 to May 2019 (Fall and Spring terms).
Building and Room Options
|Community||Room Types Available|
|Cathedral & Tenaya||Double, Triple, Quad|
|Sierra Terraces||Triple Suites|
|Valley Terraces||Double Suites|
|Granite Pass & Glacier Point||Doubles, Triples|
- In Valley Terraces, suites consist of 2 or 3 double rooms, a common room, and a bathroom.
- In Sierra Terraces, suites consist of 2 triple rooms with a shared bathroom
- All other communities have common bathrooms for groups of 10-15 residents
- Single rooms are not generally available on campus and are reserved for special circumstances.
Residents will receive $1,750 Dining Dollars and $250 CAT Dollars per semester.
Please take a moment to review the Housing & Residence Life Contract. If offered a housing assignment for 2018-2019 you will be required to sign this contract to receive your housing assignment.
- Housing Contract
- Housing Rates (Addendum B)
- 2018-2019 Important Dates (Addendum C)
- Housing Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing and Disability Accomodations
- Renter's Insurance
Housing Application Process
The first step is to complete your housing application on the Housing Portal. The application will open at 9:00 am on Thursday, March 1st.
During the intial application, you will do the following:
- Verify personal information
- List room preferences
- List roommate matching preferences
- Select special housing options or learning communities
Your application will be reviewed. If space is available, you will receive a housing offer and instructions on next steps. If we are not able to offer a space, you will be placed on a waitlist.
Once you receive your housing offer, you will need to sign the housing contract and pay/defer the reservation fee. This will secure your place in housing for the coming term. You will not receive your official assignment until your contract is signed.
Contract Signing Steps (View Instructions)
- Review and sign the contract
- Review and sign the pestiside agreement
- Pay the $300 reservation fee or request a deferment to August
- Sign up for or opt-out of renter's insurance
Starting May 21st, and once you receive a housing offer, you may return to the Housing Portal and create or join a Roommate Group. Roommate Groups are students who agree to live together. These groups will be used for making assignments.
Using this tool, you can either find compatable roomates and form a new group or you may search and request to join an existing group. Groups can also request to add you to their groups.
If you no longer wish to to live on campus for the selected terms, you must submit a Housing Cancellation form on the Housing Portal.
If you have signed your contract, a housing cancellation fee will apply as follows:
|Before June 1st||No Fee|
|June 1st - August 17th||$200|
|August 18th forward or failure to move in||$300|
If housing and meal charges were added to your account, they will be removed in 1-2 business days.