Skip to content Skip to navigation
Ramping up to fall semester: Learn how to do your part as we return to campus, and get the latest COVID-19 updates.Campus ReadyCOVID-19 Updates

Fall 2020 Move-In


Please stay up to date with the latest information for students about fall 2020 here:

What to Bring

Greetings incoming residents! We are excited about your upcoming arrival to UC Merced Housing and Residence Education, and we want to help make your transition to college as smooth and comfortable as possible. To help ensure that you have what you need in your residence hall and make it feel like home, we have put together a list of what to bring and what to leave at home.

Important Dates

Coming soon!

Moving In

New student move-in:
More information coming soon!

Valley Housing Office Hours

The housing office is open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Please direct question to the office at 209-228-4663 or the Housing Contact Form.

Move-In Parking

More information coming soon!

Tips for a Smooth Move-In

· Read your housing assignment email carefully.

· Move in during your assigned move-in day and time.

· Download and print the Access Pass.

· It is expected to be hot. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and drink plenty of water.

· Talk to your roommates and suitemates regarding big items in the room, such as a TV, microwave and/or refrigerator, so that you are not overpacked.

· Each community has access to a community kitchen with basic pots, pans and cooking utensils.

· Have your student ID ready when you arrive to campus. If you have not yet gotten your student ID, you can submit a photo and have your ID ready when you arrive on campus.

Meal Plans

All students are required to have a meal plan. Meal plans can be selected on your Housing Portal under "Housing Forms." Learn more about the meal plans on the dining website.

Billing and Payment

Once your housing is assigned, your student bill will be updated to include your selected room and meal plan. Students can find more details on payment options from Student Business Services.

No Longer Living on Campus?

If you no longer need on-campus housing, please cancel your housing contract. You may submit your cancellation on the Housing Portal under "Housing Cancellation."