Greetings incoming residents! We are excited about your upcoming arrival to UC Merced Housing and Residence Education, and we want to help make your transition to college as smooth and comfortable as possible. To help ensure that you have what you need in your residence hall and make it feel like home, we have put together a list of what to bring and what to leave at home.
Jan. 12, 2020
Deadline for new first-year and transfer students to sign a housing contract. Contracts will be accepted after this date but will be processed based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Deadline for new first-year students to request a residency requirement exemption on the housing portal
Jan. 15, 2020
Deadline to pay student bill
Jan. 16, 2020
Move-in for new students
Jan. 19, 2020
Move-in for continuing students
Jan. 31, 2020
Deadline to change meal plans for new spring contract holders
New student move-in:
10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, Jan 16, 2020
Continuing student move-in:
10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020
To move in to your assigned housing, please visit the Valley Terraces housing office and bring a photo ID.
Hand carts will be available for check-out.
Valley Housing Office Hours
The housing office is open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Please direct question to the office at 209-228-4663 or the Housing Contact Form.
Temporary parking will be available for unloading in the Scholars lot. For long-term parking, please refer to the campus parking details from Transportation and Parking Services.
Tips for a Smooth Move-In
· Read your housing assignment email carefully.
· Move in during your assigned move-in day and time.
· Download and print the Access Pass.
· It is expected to be hot. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and drink plenty of water.
· Talk to your roommates and suitemates regarding big items in the room, such as a TV, microwave and/or refrigerator, so that you are not overpacked.
· Each community has access to a community kitchen with basic pots, pans, and cooking utensils.
· Have your student ID ready when you arrive to campus. If you have not yet gotten your student ID, you can submit a photo and have your ID ready when you arrive on campus.
All students are required to have a meal plan. Meal plans can be selected on your Housing Portal under "Housing Forms." Your spring meal plan will be active as of Jan. 12, 2020. New students may change their meal plan until Jan. 31, 2020. You can learn more about the meal plans on the dining website.
Once your spring housing is assigned, your student bill will be updated to include your selected room and meal plan. The payment deadline for spring is Jan. 15, 2020. You can find more details on payment options from Student Business Services.
If you no longer need on-campus housing, please cancel your housing contract. You may submit your cancellation on the Housing Portal under "Housing Cancellation."