The purpose of the Early Arrival Program is to allow student employees to return early for training and for employment purposes.
All returning students can move in starting Thursday, August 22nd without any fee or approval as part of the extended move-in plan.
Students will receive information about Move In with instructions about Move In date and time. Students will be asked to move in according to the date and times assigned to them to facilitate a safe move in experience for everyone.
All Early Arrival check in at Valley Housing Office, 100 Terrace Center, 5400 N. Lake Rd, Merced CA 95340. Please call 209-228-4663 if you have questions.
For directions to campus, please visit this map here.
Parking for Early Arrivals Move-In:
Early arrivals prior to Thursday and Friday (Aug. 22-23) must pay for parking and unload from Bellevue Lot only.
Please remember access to Glacier and Granite during weekdays is only available from Scholars Lane.
New first year and transfer students cannot move in prior to Saturday, August 24th unless they participate in the Move In Volunteer Program.
There is a charge of $65/per night for student who move in prior to August 22nd. This charge can either be applied to the student account or paid for by an employer department.
All students need to apply online.
Departments who will be responsible for the early arrival fee, please complete this addition form.
The deadline to request early arrival is August 1, 2019.
Billing will be done after move-in day based on the actual date of arrival.
Early arrival students will be sent move-in details at least a week prior to their arrival. All students are expected to abide by the Housing & Residence Education Handbook and any specific policies regarding early arrival.
Please contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- Can move in starting Sunday, August 4th
- Cost is $65 per night with meals
- Students covering costs can sign up online via Housing Portal
- Departments covering costs to complete a form by August 1st
Living Learning Communities
- Please check in with your program coordinator
- Move in Thursday, August 22nd
- Need to sign up by August 1st
- Early arrival fees are waived unless volunteers did not show up for volunteer shift
- Can move in starting August 18th
- Cost is $65 per night plus meals
- Should sign up online via Housing Portal
Student Athletes/WOW Program
- Move in starting Sunday, August 4th
- Athletes should coordinate with the Office of Recreation and Athletics
Summer Housing students transitioning from Summer to Fall 2019
- Transitioning begins August 17th, last day of summer session
- No additional fees
- New students arriving August 22nd or 23rd but did not sign up will be allowed to move in but will be charged $65 per night
- Students arriving prior to August 22nd without prior approval will be not allowed to move in.