- Important Dates
- Housing Options
- Housing Resources
- Housing Application Process
- Housing Cancellation
- Off-Campus Housing
|12 p.m. March 2||Application opens|
|June 1||Priority deadline|
|Aug. 7||Official assignments and move-in details become available.|
|Aug. 20||Move-in days start for the academic year. Times to be assigned.|
|Residence Hall||Available Room Types|
|Cathedral & Tenaya||Double, Triple, Quad|
|Sierra Terraces||Triple Suites|
|Valley Terraces||Double Suites|
|Granite Pass & Glacier Point||Doubles, Triples|
|Sentinel Rock||Doubles, Triples|
|El Portal||Doubles, Triples|
- For Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 current Heritage residents will have priority for housing.
- Generally continuing students and new transfer students are assigned to North Campus.
- Valley Terraces are only available for continuing and new transfer students. In Valley Terraces, suites consist of 2 or 3 double rooms, a common room, and a bathroom.
- Single rooms are not generally available on campus and are reserved for accommodations.
Residential Meal Plans
You can view complete details about the required residential meal plan on the Dining Services website.
Please take a moment to review the Housing & Residence Life Contract. If offered a housing assignment for 2018-2019 you will be required to sign this contract to receive your housing assignment.
Step 1 - Submit Application
The first step is to complete your housing application on the Housing Portal.
During the initial application, you will do the following:
- Verify personal information
- List room preferences
- List roommate matching preferences
- Select special housing options or learning communities
Step 2 - Housing Offer & Contract
Your application will be reviewed. If space is available, you will receive a housing offer and instructions on next steps. If we are not able to offer a space, you will be placed on a waitlist.
Once you receive your housing offer, you will need to sign the housing contract. This will secure your place in housing for the coming term. You will not receive your official assignment until your contract is signed. There is no reservation fee or deposit due at the time you sign your contract.
Contract Signing Steps
- Review and sign the contract
- Review and sign the pesticide agreement
- Sign up for or opt-out of renter's insurance
Step 3 - Roommate Groups
Once you receive a housing offer, you may return to the Housing Portal and create or join a Roommate Group. Roommate Groups are students who agree to live together. These groups will be used for making assignments.
Using this tool, you can either find compatible roommates and form a new group or you may search and request to join an existing group. Groups can also request to add you to their groups.
If you no longer wish to to live on campus for the selected terms, you must submit a Housing Cancellation form on the Housing Portal.
If you have signed your contract, a housing cancellation fee will apply as follows:
|Before June 2nd||No Fee|
|June 2nd - August 1st||$200|
|August 2nd forward or failure to move in||$300|
If housing and meal charges were added to your account, they will be removed in 5-7 business days.