Skip to content Skip to navigation

Housing Accommodations

Residents in need of housing accommodation due to a need diagnosed by a licensed professional MUST submit a Request for Disability Housing Accommodation.

Students requesting housing accommodation must complete ALL of the following steps:

  1. Apply for Housing: Complete the on-campus Housing Application online by posted application deadlines, pay the required reservation fee, and receive a “contract acceptance notice” email from the Housing and Residence Education Office.
  2. Part 1: Student submits Request for Disability Housing Accommodation to Student Accessibility Services.
  3. Part 2: Diagnosing Professional submits Request for Disability Housing Accommodation and returns it to Student Accessibility Services by your respective deadline.

Submit the request (Part 1 and Part 2) to Disability Services by your respective deadline for consideration:

Student Accessibility Services

5200 N. Lake Road – KL 222
Merced, CA 95343

Phone: (209) 228-6996
Fax: (209) 228-4661


Deadlines: All requests for accommodation and required documentation are due by the last day of the month that housing applications are due (by Student Classification):


Housing Accommodation Deadline Student Classification

March 31

Continuing Student (includes second year guaranteed)

May 31

Incoming First-year Students (freshmen)

July 5

New Transfer Students
SPRING Housing  

Nov. 30

All spring housing applicants
SUMMER Housing  

April 30

All summer housing applicants