The UC Merced Housing and Residence Education Handbook is a great resource for students living on campus. It provides an overview of the housing program, staff, policies and procedures, as well as leadership opportunities. All residents are provided a personal copy at move in.
The University of California, Merced is a public, land-grant institution created to serve the communities of the San Joaquin Valley, the State of California, the nation, and the world through excellence in education, research, and public service.
These principles reflect our ongoing efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures lifelong learning and growth for all its members
- We recognize and celebrate the identities, values, and beliefs of our community.
- We affirm the inherent dignity and value of every person while cultivating a campus climate rooted in mutual respect and compassion.
- We uphold the right to freedom of expression and encourage a culture of dialogue, understanding, and civility in all interactions.
- We seek to create a campus where a rich tapestry of ideas is shared, collaboration is embraced, and innovation is promoted.
- We pursue excellence in teaching and learning through contributions from all community members fostering a culture of open exchange.
- We promote opportunities for active participation and leadership in our communities.
- We champion civic engagement, environmental stewardship, research, and teaching that connects theory and practice to learning and doing.
- We take pride in building, sustaining, and sharing a culture that is founded on these principles of unity and respect.
The UC Merced Principles of Community were developed by the Chancellor’s Advisory Council for Campus Climate, Culture and Inclusion in collaboration with the campus community. These principles were issued on March 25, 2014.
UC Merced’s Housing & Residence Education policies and behavioral standards are established to provide a clear understanding of expectations to maintain a safe harmonious community for you and others to live. Go here for the full details of our policies.
View the online Residence Hall Handbook
View the online Heritage Apartment Handbook