The Leadership and Service Living Learning Community (LSLLC) is open to first year students who are interested in exploring and developing leadership and becoming an active and engaged member of their community.
Leadership and Service Living Learning Community residents are expected to spend 2-4 hours each week engaged in Theme Program activities including:
- Active participation and completion of the Bobcat Leadership Series (A General Education Intellectual Badge program)
- Completion of a minimum of 30 hours of community service
- Attendance at LSLLC community meetings organized by the community Lead Scholar and Resident Assistant
- Maintaining a reflective journal about my experiences in the community.
- Participation in weekend activities including trips, community engagement, career development, and teambuilding retreats.
The living space
How to apply
First year students interested in leadership development and community engagement are encouraged to apply. You must complete the online housing application by the deadline. On the online application select Leadership and Service Living Learning Community from the drop-down menu of living communities and fill out the supplemental application. You will then receive an email that will indicate if you have been selected to participate in the Leadership and Service Living Learning Community.
If you have additional questions that are not answered here, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.