The Leadership and Service Living Learning Community is open to first-year students who are willing to commit themselves to exploring and developing their own leadership skills and style, understanding their personal values, and learning how to ethically and effectively engage with and in the local community. Personal engagement on a weekly basis is expected.
The year kicks-off with a 2-day retreat, there is a community service requirement, and participants will get to experience the Central Valley through the Valley Adventure and Service trips, 1 each semester, in addition to weekly community service placement. Additionally, students might want to consider enrolling in CRS 10.
- Participation in retreat and weekly attendance and participation at LLC meetings (2 absences allowed ea. semester) scheduled on Monday evenings.
- Commitment to 1 semester-long community engagement placement each semester.
- Attend 1 (of 3) Valley Adventure and Service Day trips each semester.
- Attend a minimum of 1 study session per month.
- Must be in good academic & student conduct standing throughout the duration of the experience.
The Living Space
How to Apply
First year students interested in leadership development and community engagement are encouraged to apply. You must complete the online housing application by the deadline. On the online application select Leadership and Service Living Learning Community from the drop-down menu of living communities and fill out the supplemental application. You will then receive an email that will indicate if you have been selected to participate in the Leadership and Service Living Learning Community.
If you have additional questions that are not answered here, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.