Greetings incoming residents! We are excited about your upcoming arrival to UC Merced Housing and Residence Education, and we want to help make your transition to college as smooth and comfortable as possible. To help ensure that you have what you need in your residence hall and make it feel like home, we have put together a list of what to bring and what to leave at home. Download the PDF.
- XL Twin Bedding
- Sheets, pillows, pillowcases, blankets, comforter
- Bathroom Supplies & Toiletries
- Towels, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, lotions, prescribed medications, shower caddy, shower shoes
- Power Supplies
- Power stripe with surge protector and heavy duty single plug extension cords (UL)
- TV and Internet Cables
- Cords for cable TV and Internet hookups
- Laundry Supplies
- Laundry bag/basket and laundry detergent
- Emergency Supplies
- Flashlight, battery, radio, first aid kit, etc.
- Study/Desk Lamp
- Halogen lamps that are fire safety rated are acceptable
- Pad Locks (Combo or Key)
- Locks for desk drawers, bikes, bathroom lockers
- U-Lock (for bikes)
- If you bring a bike
- Micro-Fridge or Refrigerator
- Not to exceed 4.2 cubic feet
- Energy star microwave oven (900 watt)
Be Environmentally Responsible!
Minimize the amount of cardboard boxes or other disposable packing items you plan to throw away
Use Energy Star appliances
Use CFL light bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs
Use recycled products that are recyclable
- Only fish in 10 gallon tanks or smaller are permitted
- Guns, stun guns, tasers, air guns, nunchucks, etc.
- Kitchen Appliances
- Rice cooker, coffee pot, hot water pot, crock pots, toasters, electric grill, etc.
- Gas cans, etc.
- Illegal Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- Including prescription drugs not prescribed to you
- If you are under 21 years of age
- Candles, Incense, Space Heaters, Sun Lamps, BBQ grills, etc.
Contact your roommate!
Space is limited so contact your roommate(s) to determine what you may be comfortable sharing