Skip to content

Transfer LLC

Transfer LLC

Available to: Transfer students (If interested, please contact Associate Director for Transition Programs, Hala Alnagar at

Located in: Valley Terraces

The Transfer Living Learning Community provides a supportive environment for transfer students to successfully transition to UC Merced’s culture and community. 

As a community of transfer students transitioning from another campus to life here at UC Merced, we aim to provide resources that vary widely from freshmen services because we recognize the support you need is different. We do this by providing academic, professional, and personal support. We operate under the umbrella of the Calvin E. Bright Success Center, which believes in a holistic approach to student success – this means that we recognize that your academic success is impacted by what you face both inside and outside the classroom. Being part of the TRV LLC will also connect you with a community of students who are in the same life phase as you and these networks will help you find opportunities on campus to explore your major and career interests. 

If you would like to learn more about the Transfer LLC or have questions, please contact the Associate Director for Transition Programs, Hala Alnagar, at

The Transfer Living Learning Community (LLC) is a great on-campus housing option for students who choose to live on campus and want to get the full university experience. This is an excellent opportunity for students that are interested in living with people who are just like them. When applying to the university and through the housing website, students will have the choice to opt-in to this community. There are some requirements that need to be met while being a part of the Transfer Living Learning Community (LLC). We want to ensure that all students get the proper resources they need in order to succeed here at UC Merced. Take a virtual tour. 


  • You will get to know your community and interact with them 
  • along with building your sense of belonging. 
  • Help you succeed academically, socially, and professionally. 
  • It allows a direct connection to the university as a whole. 
  • Newsletters to give you proper information and dates. 
  • Welcome package upon move in. 


  • Meet the student outcomes (TBA) 
  • Meet with TRV coordinator (TBA) at least once per semester 
  • Be a transfer student with 60+ units from a community college or other 4-year institution