Fall 2020 Housing Rates (There will only be singles and doubles for fall 2020, housing rates for singles and doubles will be posted and sent to al students with contracts as soon as it's determined).
On June 12, UC Merced Interim Chancellor Nathan Brostrom sent an email stating that due to COVID-19, the two-year residency requirement will be waived for 2020-2021 academic year. Priority for campus housing this fall will go to:
* incoming first year students,
* foster and former foster youth,
* students with an ADA accommodation request, and housing-insecure students
* scholars who have guarantee housing below:
* Regents Scholars (Freshman) – 4-year on-campus housing guarantee
* Regents Scholars (transfer) – 2-year on-campus housing guarantee
* Fiat Lux Scholars – 4-year on-campus housing guarantee
* Transfer Scholars – 2-year on-campus housing guarantee
All second-year students, and other continuing students who signed contracts are waitlisted for fall 2020 on campus housing. Waitlisted students will know more about their status in July.
About Housing Rates
- Rates are listed per student bed.
- Room types are based on the number of students per bedroom not suite.
- Room and board fees are billed prior to each semester.
- Rates include furnishings and provided utilities, WiFi and amenities.
- There is an additional $20 housing association fee per semester.
Fall 2020 Meal Rates
|Meal Plan Option||Academic Year Price||Semester Price||CAT Dollars / Year||Meals|
|Unlimited Blue||$4,600||$2,300||$300||Unlimited swipes|
|Unlimited Silver||$4,900||$2,450||$600||Unlimited swipes|
|Unlimited Gold||$5,100||$2,550||$800||Unlimited swipes|
|Unlimited Platinum||$5,300||$2,650||$1,000||Unlimited swipes|
|Unlimited Premier||$5,500||$2,750||$1,200||Unlimited swipes|
About Meal Rates
- All residents must have a mealplan.
- Students may use their unlimited all-you-care-to-eat meal plan in the Pavilion Dining Center.
- CAT Dollars are flexible spending funds that can be used for food locations on campus, campus store purchases, printing, laundry.
- CAT Dollar funds are loaded prior to each semester. CAT dollars carry over from semester to semester and year to year.
- CAT dollars are only refunded when you separate from the university.
Summer 2020 Contracts and Rates
Summer Sessions Information and Dates
For more details about summer sessions, please visit here.
- If you currently live in Mariposa Hall, you do not need to move at all.
- If you are given permission to stay in Valley Terraces, you do not need to move.
- If you hare in Half Dome, Heritage or Tuolumne, you will be given new housing assignment.
- If you are moving from off campus, you will be given a new housing assignment.
- If you are a UROC student moving in from anywhere but Mariposa Hall, you will be given an assignment in Mariposa Hall.
Move-In and Move-Out Dates
Check in and check out will be at the Valley Residence Education Office, 100 Terrace Center. The phone number for the office is 209-228-4663.
For more information about the move-out process, please click here.
|Move||Dates and Times||Cancellation Deadline|
|Summer A/D move in for Heritage residents to campus||Arranged move by 12-4 p.m. Sunday, May 17||Friday, May 16|
|Summer A/D move in||
12-4 p.m. Thursday, May 21 for students in Tuolumne and Half Dome
12-4 p.m. Saturday, May 23 for those moving from off campus
|Friday, May 16|
|Summer B move in||12-4 p.m. Sunday, June 21||Friday, May 19|
|Summer A move out||Move out by 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 3||N/A|
|Summer C move in||12-4 p.m. Sunday, July 5||Friday, June 3|
|Summer B/C/D move out||Move out by 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14||N/A|
Move-In and Move-Out Dates for UROC
Move-in date and time for UROC to Mariposa Hall is 12- 4 p.m. May 23.
Move-out date and time for UROC is by 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14.
Intersession charges will be billed at the $30 nightly rate. Intersession charges include dates before and after your intended summer session.
Students in B, C and D who are living on campus for Fall 2020 can move into their fall assignments on Aug. 15.
Residents will not have a roommate this summer due to COVID-19 social distancing expectations.
Dining will be through an unlimited all-you-care-to-eat plan with no Cat Dollars.
Dining hours at the Pavilion are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, Saturday May 16 through Friday, Aug. 14, subject to change.
The Lantern Cafe and Summits Market Place are closed for the summer. For questions or feedback about dining, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact IT Help Desk if you have questions or concerns.
Parking and Transportation
Please connect with UC Merced Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) if you have questions about bus service or parking on campus please contact 209-228-8277 or email@example.com.
Residence Education Desk Operations
Please visit the housing office to get questions answered, request toilet paper/cleaning supplies, pick up mail and borrow games/Den game items. Residents who need help with lock outs should first visit the desk during its hours of operation. If the desk is not open, please use the after hours information listed below.
Summer Hours for Valley Residence Education Office:
Now until Sunday, May 17:
8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Starting Monday, May 18:
11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
Please contact the Residence Education office at 209-228-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For repairs needed in your room or in the common areas/lounges, kitchen, or hallways, please complete the work order here and use the “Guest Log In” option.
Residents are expected to know and abide by all Housing and Residence Education policies. Policies and information regarding living on campus can be found in the Housing Handbook (Behavioral, Conduct, and Occupancy Policies) at https://housing.ucmerced.edu/ABC-policies.
Basic Needs Services
Please refer to this webpage for updated information: https://basicneeds.ucmerced.edu/covid-19-basic-needs-resources.
Residence Education Staff
Residence Education Coordinator Lizzy Gomez will provide direct staff support to all summer academic residents. Her contact information, including a link to schedule a meeting with her, can be found on our staff directory page. Lizzy is available to help residents with any issues. These may include community challenges, policy violations or general questions about help and support resources available. Lizzy will provide services in lieu of an RA for the summer term. In general, Lizzy’s working hours follow university business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After-Hours Service and Contacts
Professional staff are on site and available to assist you afte -hours in case of emergency or for general assistance.
For assistance after hours, please contact: Residence Education/RA On-Call at 209-769-8631 (No texting).
For emergencies, please contact UC Merced Police Department at 209-228-2677.
Student safety is important to us. Please check out more information at https://housing.ucmerced.edu/current-residents/safety-and-emergency-procedures.
Summer Housing Billing
Billing for summer housing will be posted on student accounts May 25, 2020.
Summer housing charges will be posted on student accounts based on the following University timeline:
|April 1, May 1 and June 1||Billing statements published|
|May 19||Summer Sessions A and D payment deadline|
|June 15||Summer Sessions B and C payment deadline|
For more information about summer university billing cycle, please click here.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact 209-228-2293 or email@example.com.
- 2019-2020 Undergraduate Housing Contract
- 2019-2020 Undergraduate Room Rates
- 2019-2020 Meal Plans and Rates
Summer 2019 Contracts and Rates
- Housing Handbook
- Sick Tray Policy
- E-Cigarettes Policy
- Elevator Policy
- Pesticide Notice
- Religious Holiday
- Renter's Insurance
- Holiday Break Closings
- Requests for Contract Cancellation
- Residency Exemptions Application
- Senate Bill 467: University of California one- and two-bedroom apartments near each campus