In Fall 2018, we will be opening two new residential facilities as part of the UC Merced 2020 Project. These new buildings will be located south of Little Lake and feature 715 beds available as doubles and triples. Current these buildings will housing incoming new students. The first floors of the buildings will feature social and academic spaces. More details will be available in the coming months.
A few things to be aware of regarding the new buildings and construction sites around:
- Please be aware of the construction fences, they are for your safety, DO NOT attempt to climb them, and DO NOT enter active construction zones.
- Make sure to keep your window shades closed for privacy, we have construction crews working on adjacent buildings. Drones will also be monitoring the progress of the construction. Flights are scheduled once or twice a month (Monday or Wednesday 8:45am-10:00am).
- Windows in your room have a sensor. When you open your window the AC in your room will shut off. Please consider this when deciding to open/close your windows.
- To submit work requests please go to http://facilities.ucmerced.edu/. Work requests should be submitted for: requesting a bed railing, issues with your AC, broken/missing furniture, and any other needed repairs in common areas such as lounges, hallways, laundry rooms, and stairs.
- If your electrical outlets are not working make sure you push the RESET button on the outlet before submitting a work request.
- IT (Information Technology) will be available at the Housing Office in Glacier Point #166 this semester. Their drop-in hours are 2-4PM Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Stop by if you need assistance with anti-virus software, device setup (desktop/laptop), wireless network issues, mobile device support. A full list of services can be found here https://it.ucmerced.edu/. They are also holding drop-in hours at the Valley Terraces Housing office 5-7PM Tuesday and Thursday.
- If you experience any problems with the laundry machines please submit a work request at https://www.washlaundry.com/residents/service-request/
- The Resident Assistant (RA) on-duty phone number is (209) 756-5802, RAs are on duty 5pm-8am, for help during business hours contact the Valley housing Office at (209) 228-4663. For emergencies contact UC Merced Police 209-228-2677 (CAT-COPS)