Welcome to the UC Merced Housing & Residence Life and Eco Reps Compost Program!
The success of this program depends on you. The following outlines the steps you will need to take to ensure your compost and that of others is not contaminated.
(1) Please go to the Valley Terraces Housing Office and show the staff this email to pick up your compost bin and green bag.
(2) Use the provided green bag to line your bin. When you dispose of your compost, the bag is also compostable, so you can remove the bag to drop off your compost.
(3) Begin composting your items. Be sure to follow the list of what is and is not compostable. And remember, one non-compostable item can contaminate an entire compost container!
(4) Drop off your compost in one of the compost bins located outside The Summits Marketplace in the Summits Quad or in the Cat Quad in between the dining commons and housing office.
(5) You can pick up a new green bag at the Valley Terraces housing office. Please bring your CatCard.
(6) Please watch our Facebook page (you will be added shortly) for information and updates on the program. If at any time you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to email email@example.com
- All food, including fruits, vegetables, bread, dairy, meat, poultry, seafood and shells and other food scraps.
- Paper towels napkins, plates, and Pepsi cups from the dining commons
You pledged to be a sustainable Bobcat. This includes regularly taking your compost to the designated drop off locations (the Big Bellies near The Marketplace and on the CatQuad), properly using the compostable bags, and sorting appropriate material into my compost bin. You pledge to make a conscious effort to make a positive impact, not only for UC Merced, but also for the future of our planet.
If at any time you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org