The Position and Application Requirements:
Applications for Fall 2019-Spring 2020 have been extended and are DUE Monday, February 18th.
For those selected, group process will be held on Saturday, February 23rd.
Application Requirements for New RA Applicants:
- 1. Apply online at https://jobs.ucmerced.edu/n/student/position.jsf?positionId=8679 - DUE FEBRUARY 18TH
- 2. Submit supplemental interview questions - DUE FEBRUARY 18TH
- 3. Recommended that you attend one of the five scheduled information sessions
- January 27th 2019 / 7pm / CA Room
- January 30th 2019 / 12pm / Granite 135
- January 30th 2019 / 7pm / Half Dome Game Room
- January 31st 2019 / 10am / Mariposa 1st Floor Lounge
- January 31st 2019 / 7pm / Valley Terrace Den
- 4. Participate in one full day of group process
- 5. Participate in individual interviews
Application Requirements for Returning RA Applicants:
- 1. Good standing in current position and recommendation from Residence Life Coordinator
- 2. Submit supplemental interview questions (Due by February 15th)
- 3. Participate in individual interviews
**Let your RLC know if you would like to only work Summer 2019. Only RAs currently working Spring 2019 qualify for Summer employment.**
In addition to a waiver for Room & Board for the duration of the position, new RA’s will receive $55 biweekly and returning RA’s will receive $75 biweekly in wages.
UC Merced Housing and Residence Life is charged with providing a comfortable, convenient, and engaging residential experience for students living on-campus. Under the supervision of one of the four RLCs, the Resident Assistant (RA) supports this mission by facilitating various aspects of student life in the residence communities. The incumbent plays an important leadership role in developing inclusive and interactive communities through activity implementation; serving as a mentor, role model, counselor, and referral agent; establishing and enforcing behavioral standards; facilitating communication; and participating in an on-call duty rotation for emergency response. The RA works cooperatively with their staff team and other campus departments to create an enriching experience in support of our residents' academic goals.
- 1. Must be a full-time UCM student and possess and maintain a minimal cumulative and semester GPA of 2.5 and serve as an academic role model. By submitting an application, you authorize the Residence Life staff to access and view your GPA.
- 2. Must be in good financial and disciplinary standing with the University.
- 3. Possess excellent interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups of people to include student, parent, faculty, staff and administrative leadership.
- 4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 5. Successful leadership experiences working with clubs and organizations at a college level preferred but high school and community experience will be considered.
- 6. To abide by all policies and procedures and serve as a positive role model at all times.
- 7. Ability to manage workload, both independently and as part of a team.
- 8. Initiative and ability to administer and manage multiple priorities, set realistic goals and objectives, organize resources and schedule efforts to achieve goals.
- 9. Must live on-campus during employment, work nights and weekends, alter work schedules as needed, and successfully pass a background check.
- 10. Must be able to attend both fall and spring training sessions.
- 11. Cannot hold another job on campus.
- Completion of Tier One Bobcat Leader certification offered by Margo F Souza Student Leadership Center
- Complete Supplemental Application at http://housing.ucmerced.edu/employment
|Dates and Deadlines||Event|
|February 15th Applications Due||Apply online and submit supplemental interview questions|
|*February 23-24 2019||Group Process (One day only and required)|
|*March 2-3 2019||New RA Individual Interviews|
|*March 8 2019||Returning RA Individual Interviews|
|May 2019||Hiring paperwork will be scheduled for those selected|
|August 2019||Mandatory training and early move in required|
*Dates subject to change